Monday, December 22, 2014

Wick's 2014 Highlights

It's that time of the year when I reflect on how our Father has blessed me. Here are past Wickersham highlights: 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013

January - On the 21st we celebrated having Josiah for one year. He has rocked our world.

February - To the surprise of many, I announce that I would not be serving as the middle school principal after June. I am thankful to be able to return to the classroom and be one of Rose's teachers.

March - I started using an iPad at work in preparation for the August rollout for TIS students in grades 3-6. The larger screen enabled me to increase my Hill Climb scores exponentially.

April - A few other TIS educators and I attended a learning innovation symposium at Shekou International School in Shenzhen, China. I gained a better understanding of how iPads can be more than video game devices.

May - I coached Rose and a group of 5th-grade girls en route to winning the ISCOT elementary soccer championship. We are the champions, my friends. And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end. We are the champions.

June - Dr. Klootwyk performed ACL reconstruction and repaired the meniscus in my right knee, 16 years after he performed ACL reconstruction on my left knee. Both injuries are the result of playing the greatest sport in the world, soccer.

July - Megan and I celebrated ten years of marriage. Megan gifted me with some home decor that contained a Martin Luther quote: "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." I started crying like a baby.

August - I returned to the classroom after four years of being a middle school principal. To say I enjoy teaching sixth graders the Word and His world is quite the understatement.

September - For the first time in five years, I find myself coaching in some middle school soccer games. To my delight, the majority of the sixth-grade girls, including Rose, come out for the team.

October - Grace played in her first official soccer games, and I got to serve as her coach. Grace went into beast mode scoring eight goals while helping her third-grade squad to a 3-2 tournament record. I look forward to more fun on the field in the spring.

November - My Lady Eagles squad placed second in the seven team ISC middle school soccer tournament. The girls busted their butts all season, and we had a great deal of fun. After the soccer season, I added 6th and 7th-grade girls volleyball to my coaching resume.

December - My first semester back in the classroom after a four-year absence comes to a completion. I had a ton of fun and look forward to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment