Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wick's 2011 Highlights

It’s a little late, but I spent some time reflecting on how good the Father has been to the Wickershams in the past year. Here are last year's highlights: 2010.

January – We spend part of our winter in snowy Indiana, and I take the girls sledding on the same hills I sledded as a boy. It totally rocked.

February – Rose and I return to Tianjin because of school and work. I play Mr. Mom, but the community provides us some meals. I am thankful for the Body.

March – Megan and Grace come back to Tianjin safe and sound. We are more than happy.

April – I got the privilege of dunking Rose on Easter Sunday. Please pray that Grace will make a public profession of faith one day.

May – TIS celebrates their 25th anniversary at the new school building. Eight of my 16 years as a professional educator has been spent in China.

June – We go to Indiana and spend a lot of time hangin’ out at parks, checkin’ out wildlife, splashin’ in creeks, walkin’ trails, and fishin’. Rose and Grace get a little more Hoosier in them.

July – I spend three weeks at Columbia International University to continue my M.Ed. studies. My second summer at CIU does not deprive me of sleep like the first summer did.

August – I begin my second year as the Middle School Principal at TIS, and the school year starts off on a good note.

September – Megan and I go south to Wuhan and attend a wonderful retreat. This was a great time to meet with other ISC administrators and their spouses.

October – My former Sunday leader and his wife make their first trip to the Middle Kingdom. We have some deep discussions on what our Father has done in our lives and how He continues to work.

November – We celebrate my 38th birthday at a nearby teppanyaki. Rose and Grace are super excited for me, and it brings me great joy.  

December – I complete half of my M.Ed. studies and look to finish during the summer of 2013. Megan continues to be a great source of encouragement and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment