2 Peter 1:10 states, Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. Confidently knowing where you stand with the Son of Man and what He'll say on Judgment Day can be known right now. If you struggle with doubts concerning whether you truly know the Prince of Peace, whether you have eternal life, whether you'll be going to Heaven, I recommend reading R.C. Sproul's Can I Be Sure I'm Saved?. In this 70-page booklet, R.C. Sproul once again provides solid teaching in a logical fashion. Below are the titles of the five chapters and simple summaries.
- The Struggle for Assurance - What is assurance?
- Four Kinds of People - Two are saved and two are not
- False Assurance - What are the dangers?
- Gaining True Assurance - How can we get assurance of salvation?
- The Source of Full Assurance - Do you love Him?
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, John 1:12