Wednesday, April 2, 2014

From Principal to Teacher

In a couple of months, I will move across the hallway from my second office to my sixth classroom. Many of my present duties will change as I transition from a middle school principal to a classroom teacher. Although I am excited about the change, there is still much to be done in my present position. Below is some of what the next school year will look like which I'll give more thought to when the summer hits. I will go from...

1. assigning teachers to spring trip teams to chaperoning the sixth-grade spring to Liaoning Province.
2. emceeing major House events to sponsoring House 4 - a mixed group of more than 20 middle school boys and girls who meet once a week and compete against four other Houses.
3. presenting faculty devotionals several times a year to facilitating the middle school team devotionals.
4. providing advisory resources and schedules to advising a small group of sixth-grade students.
5. speaking at middle school assemblies on a monthly basis to emceeing the assemblies on a weekly basis.
6. visiting the cafeteria occasionally to serving lunch duty every Friday.
7. watching middle school athletic events to coaching the middle school girls' soccer squad.

Serving as a principal these past four years has blessed me in numerous ways, and I look forward to seeing what our Father will do in the coming months. I'm blessed to work with such a great team of teachers who understand the great responsibilities we have, and the great expectations that are placed on us.

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. James 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment