Thursday, January 1, 2015

Reviewing Ray Pritchard's Let's Go Straight to Bethlehem

I downloaded Let's Go Straight to Bethlehem in late November and used it for our family devotionals last month. I see us using the 51-page book again next year. 25 devotionals are provided, and almost all of them begin with Scripture. The devotionals conclude with prayers of one to two sentences. Each devotional is approximately two iPad pages, and they are nicely organized with spaces between short paragraphs, bullets, number lists, and key phrases are italicized. Although the devotionals were simple enough for my third-grade daughter to be fully engaged, there were a couple of times when I was really impacted by the creative wording or was provided information that I hadn't thought of before. There were three occasions during our devotionals when I changed the wording or elaborated on what was being stated (e.g., prophecy, magi, will); however, this did not take away from the book. If you're looking for a simple, but solid Advent devotional, I recommend Dr. Pritchard's book, Let's Go Straight To Bethlehem.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment