Friday, January 16, 2015

I'm So Thankful My Son Josiah Only Has One Hand

I'm so thankful my son Josiah only has one hand. If Josiah were born with two hands, he wouldn't be my son. Josiah was probably born to Chinese peasant farmers who didn't know what was wrong with their son. Amniotic bands severed his left hand and that makes life a little more challenging for Josiah. I'm thankful for the way our Father designed Josiah, and I'm especially thankful that He chose me to be Josiah's father. Sometimes Josiah is a big pain in the butt (literally, like the time he bit my butt), but I can't imagine what life would be like without him. I love how Josiah always wants to watch monster truck shows on YouTube, how he loves to dance to my pathetic beatboxing, and how he wants to use my electric razor whenever I'm shaving. I never thought I wanted to have a son, but I'm so thankful my Father changed my heart. I'm so thankful my Father created Josiah with only one hand.

learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17

Josiah is always ready to ride on daddy's motorbike (with a helmet of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment