Friday, March 11, 2011

Looking at the Doctrine of the Lake of Fire

Hell is not exactly one of my favorite topics to talk about. I would much rather talk about the Heavenly Jerusalem where I will get to worship the Father Almighty with fellow believers. However, the more I understand the doctrine of Hell, the more thankful I am for what Jesus has done for me. It moves me to pray and share more. Knowing what Jesus saves us from is absolutely crucial. With Rob Bell's new book, Love Wins, about to be released, there has been a lot of talk about Hell on the Blogosphere. Below are some links I recommend that will provide you theologically sound information about the Lake of Fire.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

What I'd Have To Deny To Deny Hell by Tim Challies

Waffling Over Hell by Kevin DeYoung

The Truth About Hell Should Fill Us With Traumatic Awe by Martin Downes

Speaking Seriously and Sensitively about Hell to the Sons of this Age and the Next by Ligon Duncan

The Importance Of Hell by Tim Keller

Doing Away With Hell? Part One by Albert Mohler

Why Is Hell Forever? by Russell Moore

Rob Bell on Martin Luther and Salvation in Hell by Justin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment