Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Wick's Highlights of the Past Decade

A new decade is upon us, and I have been reflecting on the past ten years. There were certainly some tough times for us in the last decade, but God blessed us with much. Below are some of those highlights.

2010: It took 3.5 years, but Rosalie became an official Wickersham and an American citizen. Shortly after that, I started an M.Ed. in educational administration before starting my new job as the middle school principal at TIS.

2011: I baptized Rosalie and later in the year, unbeknownst to us, Josiah Lee is born.

2012: I received a picture of my son. I never wanted a boy or a third child, but God radically changed my heart.

2013: We adopted Josiah Lee, and I completed my degree at CIU. Megan provided me critical support and helped me see the choices I needed to make.

2014: I returned to the classroom and got to teach and coach Rosalie. I also coached Grace Noel in her first soccer matches.

2015: We told family and friends that we will be moving back to the States in 2016. I added middle school boys' basketball and volleyball to my coaching resume and conducted soccer camps for Indy Eleven in the summer. I coached a boys' soccer team for the first time since 1996, and it was announced that I would coach the TIS high school girls' soccer team the next season - my first high school team since 2003.

2016: I'm hired as the 6th-9th grade assistant principal at Evansville Christian School, and we moved back to Indiana. This is the first time our kiddos live outside of China. I was overseas for 14 years of my adult life, and Megan was in China for 19 years. Megan eventually lands ESL positions at USI and through Vincennes University.

2017: Just a few weeks into the school year, it was announced that I'm now the Cullen Campus principal. I wasn't sure if I would like being a principal again, but it has been a great fit. I'm thankful to be able to work in a growing community of believers who desire to know Christ and make Him known.

2018: We watched Grace Noel get baptized at Faith Bible Church. I'm regularly reminding my children that all of our accomplishments amount to nothing if we aren't following Christ and bringing God glory.

2019: This year's highlight was all of the time we got to spend with our family and old friends. We are grateful when friends from other parts of the country or world visit us as well as God's provision that enables us to visit amigos in Central Indiana, Ohio, and the Deep South.

2020+: We do not know what God has planned for us, but I know that He is good and will bring what He began to completion. We must trust Him and strive to bring joy to our Father.

to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:21

No comments:

Post a Comment