Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Wick's 2019 Highlights

Now that we've been in the States for 3.5 years, it's safe to say that all of us have adjusted to life here. God was, of course, good to us again. Here are past Wickersham highlights: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018.

January - After using a gift card at a local Mexican restaurant, Megan and I enjoyed our first Cirque du Soleil production (Corteo) in Evansville. The tickets were a Christmas gift I gave Megan.

February - I started taking an online biblical leadership course through biblicaltraining.org. I would enjoy taking Bible classes at a seminary or college again; however, that's not how I feel led to use my time and finances at this stage in my life. Perhaps in the future.

March - Megan and I attended a marriage retreat at our local church, Faith Bible Church. We're thankful our church hosts such events to help people have Christ-Centered marriages.

April -  Josiah Lee played in his first soccer match since the fall of 2016. He wasn't wanting to play organized sports again until I said I would coach him, and now he has the confidence to suit up without dad shouting from the sidelines.

May - Rosalie and I ran in our first 5K together, and she beat me. Although I still have some speed, I have never been much of a runner. I'm trying to change that somewhat.

June - In an effort to get in better shape, I purchased a mountain bike. Occasionally, I ride my bike to work just like my China days.

July - We took a trip to South Carolina to visit friends Megan went to college with at Wheaton as well as people we did life with in China. We also stopped in Newnan, Georgia to visit the LDi corporate office and hang out with old friends.

August - Our good friends, the Scroggins, paid us another summer visit. The previous month, the Strongs and TJ made the trek to Evansville. We love to reconnect with our TIS amigos.

September - Rosalie missed a PK in a soccer match that would have put ECHS up 1-0 (they ended up defeating Tell City 3-1), but she scored the game-winner against Washington's JV squad off a nice free kick. I'm thankful to be able to watch my kiddos contribute on the pitch.

October - Megan and Grace Noel went on the 8th-grade class trip to DC, a trip Rosalie and I went on when she was an 8th grader. Grace Noel got the honor of participating in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

November - A super cold soccer showcase in Indy allowed us to spend time with our parents and my brother. Grace Noel also competed in a showcase in Cincy, and the two of us, of course, made a stop at Skyline Chili.

December - Before having a fantastic Christmas break with our families in Avon and Frankfort, Indiana, we spend the night in Nashville and attend Zoolumination, the country's largest Chinese lantern festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment