Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What I Miss About Indiana

Although my citizenship is in Heaven (Philippians 3:20) and nearly half of my life has been spent overseas (the past eleven in Tianjin, China), I have strong Hoosier roots. I'm super thankful for the summer breaks I get to spend in the great state of Indiana. There is much I miss about life in the Crossroads of America, and below are ten things I miss about living there.

1. Hanging out with family & friends
2. Driving a truck on long country roads
3. Worshipping at reformed church services
4. Juggling a soccer ball on a freshly cut lawn
5. Being able to check out a ton of books at the local library
6. Observing wildlife - gray squirrels, cottontail rabbits, white-tailed deer
7. Seeing amazing blue skies and giant white clouds nearly on a daily basis
8. Fishing in peaceful locations - largemouth bass, white crappie, longear sunfish
9. Eating homestyle cooking - pork tenderloins, catfish fillets, chicken n' dumplins
10. Going to parks - little league baseball games, swimming pools, creative playgrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment