Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Reviewing R.C. Sproul's Can I Have Joy in My Life?

Contrary to what some pastors teach, we cannot have our best life now. Life will be downright tough at times and that can certainly make it difficult to be the most chipper person in the world. It is possible though to have joy during life's most challenging circumstances. Last year I chose to read R.C. Sproul's Can I Have Joy in My Life? because various struggles in my life were attempting to steal joy from me. Can I Have Joy in My Life? is only 51 pages and consists of the five chapters listed below. Section headings are listed in parentheses.
  1. Don't Worry, Be Joyful (How Can We Rejoice Always?, The Way to Recover Joy)
  2. Counting It All Joy (Looking to the Bright Future, Trusting God Through Calamities)
  3. How Do You Spell Joy? (Elation and Dejection, Rejoicing Even in Losses, The Best Way to Spell Joy)
  4. The Greatest Joy (Guilt and Joy, Confusing Pleasure and Joy)
  5. Fullness of Joy (Life Through the Vine)
Pastor Sproul had a profound impact on me when I first became a believer (and he continues to teach me much) so I had to take advantage of this offer to add another book of his to my library. I'm glad I did. I recommend downloading this free eBook, one of 20 free books in a series from R.C. Sproul. Can I Have Joy in My Life can help you see what joy is and where true joy can be found.

Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment