Friday, February 18, 2011

Reviewing Sherwood Pictures' Flywheel

I picked up this DVD at the TIS school library so I could watch something that both Rose and I could possibly enjoy (Megan and Grace do not return to Tianjin until March 6th). Knowing that Flywheel had amateur actors and lacked a big Hollywood budget, I was not expecting much. However, to my surprise, I give it the thumbs up. There were times I was actually moved while at other times I found myself laughing out loud. Some might criticize the cookie cutter ending, but I am a sucker for happy endings. Of course life on Earth often does not end in the way Flywheel depicts, but I am not a big fan of watching movies that give me the blues. Like many people, I enjoy movies with themes of redemption and transformation. In Flywheel you have a used car dealer who is a crook and a lousy leader in the home. God opens the man's eyes and pierces his heart, and he begins to live a radically new life that gives God all of the glory. If you are looking for academy award performances and amazing cinematography, look elsewhere. If you want a family movie that will tug at your heart, I recommend Flywheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment