Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Running the Race Set Before Us

Nearly three years ago I read a great book about Eric Liddel by Dave McCasland. The biography interested me because Eric served in Tianjin, China during the first half of the 20th century, and I thought reading this book would assist me in analyzing the 1981 Oscar Winner for Best Picture, Chariots of FireTim Challies recently posted a couple short biographies about Eric Liddell that I highly recommend reading. Learn about this Olympic gold medalist who ran for the glory of God.

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment