Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Reduction of Melanin

Last night Grace and I read a children's science book about our bodies, and this morning I was explaining to Rose and Grace how my body is unable to do the things that it once could years ago. My girls have a hard time believing this about their daddy, but I am no longer able to sprint as fast or lift as much weight as I once could. In addition to that, I take a lot more to time recover from pickup soccer games and workouts in the gym.

All this talk about how God made our bodies led to a discussion of how some of my body hair is now white. Rose and Grace found it amusing to watch me pluck a couple of white hairs from my head as well as one from my soul patch. The graying of my hair does not bother me, however, I do find it a little amusing that this is occurring while I still get zits. Lookin' forward to that glorified body in Heaven!

"Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31

No comments:

Post a Comment