Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Book Reading Plans

Today I ran into a friend at the bank, and she was reading the Bible as she waited to see a teller. She was in the Super-Powerful Gospel, the Book of Romans. As we spoke she told me that she just finished reading both Old and New Testaments in 20 weeks. When I told her how impressed I was, she gave all the praise to God. My reading plan has me completing the Good Book in under 50 weeks every year. I have read the New Testament in just over a month, but I read the entire Bible at a pace that takes more than twice as long as my friend. Now granted, when I read the Bible, I am looking at commentaries, comparing verses, examining other portions of the Book, reflecting, praying, etc., but hearing my friend read the Bible in under five months was very inspiring and convicting. I am spending far too much time reading material that is not very profitable. After a little research online, I found some Bible reading plans which have you going through Genesis to Revelation in one or three months. Perhaps that sounds a little daunting, but it is definitely doable. I have wasted so much of my life on frivolous matters. We need to remember that it is an absolute miracle that we have an opportunity to read the Bible.

"Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation - if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good." 1 Peter 2:2-3

A copy of the New Testament & Psalms that once belonged to my Great-Grandfather Wick.

No comments:

Post a Comment