Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr. Prescott!

Anna is raring to go!
Tonight I had a yummy West African dinner along with birthday brownies with some dear old friends. If you are wondering just what kind of candle you are seeing, you can find them on Amazon.com. I highly recommend the experience. The man whose birthday we celebrated is my good pal, Mr. Mark Prescott. Mark was born on this planet 61 years ago, and I have had the privilege of praying with him almost every Thursday morning during the school year for 7.5+ years. Mark and I arrived in China in 2003, and I am thankful that he is part of the TIS middle school team. He has been a great friend. Mark has listened to me talk about my junk, and he has provided me with much counsel. I am thankful that God brought our lives together. One thing that stinks about living here is that we see lots of people come and go. I am not looking forward to the day when Mark and I have to say goodbye to one another. However, I am thankful it will only be temporary.

Fortunately, Anna allowed Mr. Prescott to take part in the blowing of his birthday candles.







                                                                                                                                                         "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:1-4

1 comment:

  1. Good post, Wick, and happy birthday to Mark Prescott as well! We miss both of your families, and echo the sentiment that we are thankful we met and knew both of you in China, would be excited to see you again on this side of heaven; but should God not will that, we look forward to the time when we won't need to say anymore goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete