Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reviewing Kathryn O'Brien's I'd Be Your Princess

 In Kathryn O'Brien's I'd Be Your Princess, a little girl imagines to be a princess and her father plays along and praises her for her Godly Character. With the exception of the first page, Bible verses are found on every page. There are eight verses from the New Testament and six are from the Old Testament. The colorful illustrations are outstanding. I like how the dad has dark hair, but the girl has blond hair. The people found in the drawings come from all walks of life - different professions, attire, ethnic backgrounds, etc. Unfortunately, Jesus is never mentioned in this 2005 ECPA Gold Medallion Book Award Winner, and only one verse is from the Gospels. I find that quite disappointing so I emphasize to Rose and Grace (ages 8 and 5) that in order to be humble, loving, generous, and all the things the Bible states we should be, Jesus needs to be our Lord and Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment