Thursday, October 29, 2015

What If Your Daughters Weren't Soccer Players?

I'm so thankful Rose and Grace like to play the sport I grew up playing. I like taking them to summer soccer camps, teaching them how to perform sweet soccer moves, and watching soccer videos on YouTube with them. Occasionally people ask me how I would feel if my daughters didn't enjoy playing the beautiful game. Of course, soccer provides me an extra connection with Rose and Grace, but I would be totally fine if my daughters weren't soccer players. Contrary to what some t-shirts say, soccer isn't my world. I'm thankful Rose can even run considering she was born with spina bifida. I'm thankful Grace doesn't tell her coaches they suck like her dad did when he was in elementary school. I want Rose and Grace to pursue healthy activities that interest them - activities in which they can give the Father all the glory. I don't care if they race go-karts, show pigs, or build legos. I just want them to live a life pleasing to Him. Having daughters that play soccer is just icing on the cake. There will be a day when we'll no longer be able to kick a ball, but I'm confident that soccer will be alive and well in our new home. I look forward to that day we'll play spectacular soccer with our glorified bodies.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

This summer we saw Indy Eleven compete against the New York Cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment