Thursday, February 26, 2015

"Three Adoptions? You're So Good, Wick."

"You're So Good, Wick." It's something I hear from time to time. Typically I'm told this when people find out I've adopted three children. Although I'm tempted to tell others that they're so right, that I'm really a nice guy, I usually tell them that I'm actually bad - downright wicked bad. If others knew all of the evil things I've thought of, said, and done, I would never want to show my face anywhere. Any good seen in me isn't me, that is the Spirit's work in me. He's good, and He's the one producing the good.

I've adopted three Chinese children not because I'm good, but because this is what I've been called to do. It's a beautiful calling that God has blessed me with tremendously. Although I taught at a children's home in Indiana and occasionally visited orphans in Korea before Megan and I got married, little did I know how much adoption would impact my life. Not all are called to adopt; however, all believers should be involved in adoption in some way or another. Some are called to visit orphanages, foster children, donate finances to adoption causes, intercede for orphans, and/or read adoption material. Believers should all be involved in adoption care to point to the Father who adopts us and to bring Him the glory.

If you're interested in learning more about adoption, below are some great links that can get you thinking how you help children who are without parents. Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Psalm 82:7

Adoption Guide
Adoption Resources
Financing Your Adoption
Tianjin ICCO

My children - Grace Noel, Josiah Lee, and Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment