Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TIS Dad's Day 2011

Today was Dad's Day at TIS. This is a day in which we invite dads to come to the school and spend some time with their children. After more than three years of waiting, we received Rose's referral to adopt her on Dad's Day last year. You could say Dad's Day is kind of extra special to me.

I am amazed that God has chosen me to be a father to two girls. At times I seriously fail at being a good daddy, but I am thankful that Rose and Grace are so quick to forgive. Of course, they mess up on a daily basis like me, but they also regularly display Christ to me. It absolutely floors me that God would bless me with this. I deserve nothing but everlasting punishment, but instead, I am showered with love and grace. Our Heavenly Father is truly an awesome God!

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15

This was my 4th Dad's Day, but my first with my youngest daughter, Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment