Sunday, November 22, 2015

Ten Things I'm Thankful For

1. I have a job (that I enjoy). Nearly 8 million Americans are unemployed.

2. I have a home (with heat and hot water). Over 500,000 Americans are homeless.

3. I have friends (that pray and laugh with me). Loneliness affects 60 million Americans.

4. I have a family (that supports and loves me). There are 20 million orphans in the world.

5. I have insurance (to help pay for great medical care). 33 million Americans lack insurance.

6. I have a healthy body (which enables me to run and jump). Diarrheal diseases will kill over 2,000 kids today.

7. I have Internet access (to show me what is happening in the world). Billions are excluded from the online domain.

8. I have an education (that gives me access to countless opportunities). 775 million adults are functionally illiterate.

9. I have issues (that show me my weaknesses and how much I need Him). 1/3 of the world's seven billion people claim to follow the Son of Man.

10. I have the love of the Father (giving me purpose and everlasting life). Do you know His love?

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
           

No comments:

Post a Comment