Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Amazing Four-Year-Old Foosball Player

My four-year-old Josiah has become quite the foosball player. Recently he has surprisingly defeated a few adults who have agreed to his foosball challenges, and this afternoon one of Grace's fourth-grade friends became his latest victim. Although Josiah hasn't scored more than two goals against me in a match, he can claim being ahead of me in a couple of matches. This is something many TIS middle schoolers would like to be able to say. Josiah's foosball skills have surprised me not only because he's a four-year-old who can barely say foosball, but because he competes with only one hand. I don't know why this should surprise me when I've seen so many people with missing limbs do amazing things.

Sometimes I see others stare at Josiah because he's missing his left hand. A couple of days ago a little kid grabbed Josiah's sleeve and was confused as to why Josiah only had one hand. A little over a week ago one curious girl asked why Josiah was missing a hand. I'm sure Josiah is having these kinds of experiences much more than I'm aware of and that he'll continue to face these tests as he gets older. The dad in me wants to protect Josiah from these awkward moments, but I know this is all part of the Father's plan. I'm thankful that our Father's love for Josiah is far greater than my love could ever be. God is good, and His love endures forever. I'm also thankful that Josiah is finding success as a foosball player, and I look forward to the day (not anytime soon) when he starts beating his pops.

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment