Thursday, April 17, 2014

Difficult Days, A Divine Deliverer

I recently started my ninth reading of the longest book in the Good Book, the Book of Jeremiah. If you need to be reminded how easy you have it and how good God is, this is the book for you. I'm puzzled how I can forget how difficult Jeremiah's life was, yet it happens. Here are some eye-opening facts about the Prophet Jeremiah that can provide us the right perspective on life:
  • Jeremiah was told he couldn't marry or have children (Jeremiah 16:2), and he preached the truth with dogged determination for 40 years. 
  • The people desired Jeremiah's death and discarded God's message. 
  • Jeremiah felt depressed, discouraged, and deserted, and he really started to doubt God's plan for him.
  •  Although Jeremiah has much to say about death and destruction, we see that God is the deliverer of the good news. 
  • Jeremiah did not just weep, but he was dedicated, and it was God who helped him to go the distance.
I do not understand everything we have to go through, but I know God is good and He is there for us. Sometimes I get furious about the injustice in the world, heartbroken about the personal challenges family and friends are facing, and pessimistic about dilemmas I must help resolve. At times I complain and want to quit, but I know our Father's grace is sufficient. I must look to the cross and remember that Sunday is coming. I look forward to that day when you, me, and Jeremiah can talk about the greatness of God.

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment