I. Perspectives and Personas
1. Biblical Perspective - What are specific ways administrative tasks are performed differently in Christian schools as opposed to non-Christian schools?
2. Historical Perspective - Is our school effective? Am I an effective principal?
II. The Helmsman as Administrator: 1 Corinthians 12:28
3. Designing Your School's Philosophy - Is Christ the foundation of every aspect of our school programs?
4. Establishing Your School's Governance - Is Scripture being used to develop and maintain the governance of our school?
5. Curriculum Leadership - What do our units teach us about God, humankind, creation, moral order, or purpose?
III. The Helmsman as Builder: Nehemiah 1-13
6. Community Builder and Transformational Leader - What weaknesses do we need to improve upon in our school?
7. Six Forces of Leadership and Leadership by Outrage - What are my strengths and weaknesses as a leader, and what needs to change?
IV. The Helmsman as Builder of the Body: Ephesians 4:11-16
8. Supervision of Instruction - Is the supervision of teachers being differentiated?
9. Leadership Development - Is Jesus the supreme example of leadership development in our school?
V. The Helmsman as Steward: 1 Corinthians 4:1-2
10. Finance and Facilities - Are biblical practices being conducted to generate funds?
11. Legal Issues - Are we doing anything that would defame the name of Christ?
12. Shore Leave - Is now a time when you need to consider stepping away from the demands of your position?
Although I have served as a middle school principal for three years, Dr. Coley taught me new information and gave me ideas that I will further reflect on. I clearly see why this book was a part of my educational administration course. It is a solid book that has blessed me, and I am sure will bless many others.