Friday, March 21, 2014

Eating Dogs and Talking Dogs

Last weekend we discovered a nice-looking restaurant near our apartment complex that serves man's best friend. I wouldn't have known that it was a dog restaurant, but I have a smart wife who can read Chinese hieroglyphics. I used to have a reputation of chomping down on some interesting things such as entire fish, the reproductive organs of different animals, and various raw meats (including dog), but I do have my limits. Although it's certainly permissible to eat meat (e.g., Matthew 3:4, Matthew 14:17-20, Romans 14:1-3), I take serious issue with eating endangered animals or animals that are still alive. That's pretty twisted. I do believe there will be a day when I'll be eating meat substitutes with enhanced taste buds (e.g., Mark 14:25, Revelation 22:1-2), and my meals will be far greater than any beef jerky, bacon wrapped shrimp, and Buffalo wings I have consumed. Perhaps I'll even enjoy these meals with talking dogs. Chew on that one.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment